What are two characteristics of RAM on a Cisco device? (Choose two.)
- Nonvolatile storage is provided via RAM.
- RAM stores the configuration that is currently active on the device.
- During a power cycle, the contents in RAM are lost.
- Cisco switches contain RAM, whereas Cisco routers do not.
- Multiple versions of IOS and configuration files can be stored in RAM.
The correct answer is these two:
- The configuration that is actively running on the device is stored in RAM.
- The contents of RAM are lost during a power cycle.
Explanation: RAM stores data that the gadget requires in order to perform network tasks. The running configuration is stored in RAM. This type of memory is known as volatile memory because data is lost after a power cycle. When a device is turned on, the IOS is stored in flash memory and a copy is delivered to RAM. Flash memory is nonvolatile because it retains data even when power is lost.