If you are tired of making the same plans every weekend, refresh your body and soul with a trip to the Uttari Betta Trek, one of the greatest hike spots in Karnataka. Uttari Betta also known as Hutridurga, is a fortified hillock located in the Tumkur district that offers beautiful views that mimic the spectacular views of the Western Ghats.
The trek crosses through a quaint village and passes through seven stone gates and an imposing fort wall to reach the Shankeshwar temple at the top. The lovely cool clear water of Dodda Don (big waterfall) flows in front of the temple, which is an ideal place to bring natural refreshment to the surroundings. One can cross through such a small forest-cave and return to the base point where it enters the meadow at the summit.
why it is the most Famous trek?
This trek is one of the most popular excursions in Karnataka that takes in the magnificent lush green landscape which is nowhere in the city area. Similar to the Western Ghats, the trek to uttari Betta begins from a small village that opens up to the fort walls and then through seven stone gates to reach the midpoint of the trek, which includes the temple of Shankareshwara on the summit.
The view from the summit point is very beautiful to capture. After passing the temple, one can encounter a small forest-cave, which ends on a green pasture on the top of the hill, and is surrounded by huge boulders. After spending some good time with your friends or family while trekking on this trek and having your lunch at a high altitude, one can descend backwards to the starting point of the trek.
One can make sure to step down carefully in the dark, while being mesmerized by the beauty of the hill at night. While there are many popular treks around Bangalore, the Uttari Betta Day Trek certainly gives a break well beyond the monotonous city life.
WHERE IS UTTARI BETTA SITUATED
Uttari, also known as Hatridurg, is a fortified hill in the south-east of Kunigal taluk, rising to 3708 ft above sea level. The taluk center is located 15 km south-east of Kunigal. Located in Kunigal taluk of Tumkur district, about 75 km west of Bangalore, in uttari Betta state.
THINGS TO CARRY
· personalized medicine
· a sturdy backpack
· Water bottle minimum 2 lit of water
· Energy food (chocolate bars, flavored milks, electrolyte drinks – Glucon-D, etc.)
· Light-coloured full arm clothing (preferred)
· Sports shoes (for better grip)
· Camera (this is an optional)
OTHER UNMISSABLE THINGS TO DO IN KARNATAKA ARE
· culture and history
· personal experience
· History and Heritage
· sightseeing tours
THE PICK-UP AND DROP POINTS OF UTTARI BETTA
06:30 AM – Pickup from BMC, Indiranagar
06:45 AM – Pickup from Newshanti Sagar Hotel, Domlur
07:00 AM – Pickup from Sapphire Toys, Richmond Road (near Sacred Heart Church)
The drop point is going to be an equivalent to the pick-up point.
6:00 am – reach silk board 6:30 am domlur
7:00 am – Yesvantpur
8:00 am – Have breakfast on the way
9:00am – Start the trek.
On the way visit the Virbhadra temple and the temple pond
12:00 pm – Arrive at Betta Peak, get on the bus and explore the place.
14:00 pm – start to descend
16:00pm – Arrive at base and start your journey to Bangalore
20:00 – Arrive Bangalore
DURATION AND DISTANCE
Uttari Betta is a one day trek which also includes travel from Bangalore. This trek does not take more than 4-5 hours including mealtimes. In a total trek of 4 km, the first 500-700 m gets a rough experience of a slightly steep patch. Also the difficulty level is easy. The Uttari betta is known to be suitable for a huge audience of almost all age groups. It is a perfect trek for families or groups of any size to spend their day in the lap of mother nature.
HIGHLIGHTS OF UTTARI BETTA TREK, BANGALORE
· One must enjoy the morning trek to Uttari Betta, which takes you straight to the center of nature, replete with caves, forests and towering cliffs.
· Indulge in a 5-km trekking adventure with a twist that starts at midnight and ends with a breathtaking sunrise vista.
· Satisfy your hunger with your favorite breakfast upon return from the trip.
· You won’t have to worry about anything as the lead and support is provided by an experienced guide.
· Carry your own water bottles (2 liters each)
· Facemask is mandatory for all participants
· Carry sanitizer with you and use wisely
· maintain social distance wherever possible
· Please do not attend if symptomatic
· Anyone who has recovered from Covid in the last 90 days is not allowed to attend.