Are you facing any issues with QuickBooks error 12031? It is one of the many QuickBooks errors that occur while at the payroll update stage. This error also appears when you refresh the QuickBooks software or the payroll services. This error can create hassle on the way of your daily work. Thus, in our article, we got you covered at this with our step-by-step methods to overcome this error.
On the other hand, if you are running short on time or want a piece of expert advice, please dial 1-855-948-3646
CAUSES BEHIND THE UPDATE ERROR 12031:
- A faulty firewall might be creating inconvenience in the performance of the QuickBooks.
- Feeble Internet connection issue.
- Malware or virus attack.
- An incorrect SSL setting.
You may read also : QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159
HOW TO FIX THE UPDATE ERROR 12031?
Method 1: Employ the QB Connection Diagnostic Tool
- Download and install the QB Connection Diagnostic Tool.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
- Now land the tool by hitting on the desktop icon.
- Choose the option to be browsed in the Test Connectivity segment.
- Choose the company file that is with an issue.
- Click on the Test Connectivity button.
- It will readily begin to get repaired in some time.
Method 2: Set up a solid internet connection
- Go to the QB Desktop software on your system.
Hit on the Help tab.
- Choose the Internet Connection set up.
- Later, choose the “Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet” option.
- Hit on the Next button and later tap on Done.
- Please remember to update your QB Desktop software if not done earlier.
Method 3: Relabel the Network data file
- Go to the folder that has the QB company file saved.
- Locate the Network Data file. It is the file with a .nd extension.
- Rename the Network Data file by clicking on it.
- Add the word ‘old’ at the end of the file extension name.
Method 4: Update QuickBooks to its latest version
- Launch the QB Desktop then click on the Help menu.
- Choose the option to update the QB Desktop.
- Choose the latest version of the QB Desktop from the list that appeared on the screen.
- Resume your computer once the installation of the new version is finished.
Method 5: Stop the malware or virus attacks
The virus or malware considers the routine function of QB as corrupted so you got to either disable the third-party application or uninstall the application till the error is fixed.
Method 6: Pattern out SSL and TLS
- Go to Internet Explorer.
- Later, go to Internet options.
- Click on the Advanced tab
- Rearrange the SSL and TSL settings.
- Lastly, click on OK button.
In this article, we discussed about the step-by-step procedure to troubleshoot the QuickBooks update error 12031. If the error persists, dial 1-855-948-3646.
This article is posted on www.zerodigitalgroup.com