The Printer not Activated Error 20 is a common error you can struggle with while using QuickBooks. This can appear in both QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop versions and you can fix it easily by following various methods. The following parts will discuss what those methods are, what some reasons behind this error are, and what to do when you see this error in QuickBooks. If you are struggling with the same issue, stay connected, and get ready for the best advice to resolve the issue.
All the methods mentioned in this blog are ready to use, and you can implement them to get your QuickBooks back at work. If you feel unsatisfied with the process or feel a problem in implementing the mentioned methods, you can contact us 24/7 by dialing 1.855.738.2784.
What is Printer not Activated Error code 20?
This is a general issue you can encounter while using QuickBooks. It is a minor issue and doesn’t take much effort to resolve. Instead, follow the methods we will be discussing in the following sections in a given manner to get the best results.
You may read also : QuickBooks Download Problem
How to Identify the Printer not Activated Error code 20?
Identifying this error will not take much effort. When you open QuickBooks and see this error message on your screen, it means you are suffering from this error.
Printer not activated, error code – 20
What to do when you see Printer not Activated Error code 20?
This section will provide you several proven methods you can use anytime you see this error. The best part about these methods is that they all are proven and easy to understand. Try to follow them in a given manner to get the best results.
You may read also : QuickBooks Direct Deposit Issues
Solution 1: Use Control Panel for resolution.
- Close your QuickBooks and open Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, go to Devices and Printers.
- In Devices and Printers section, right-click on the Printer icon.
- Then click on Set as a default printer, and modify the changes.
- Now close all the tabs and restart your computer/laptop to see the changes.
- Open your QuickBooks again, and you will see that the problem is resolved.
Solution 2: Re-install the USB Composite device on your computer/laptop.
- Open Run window by pressing the Windows key + R together.
- Type devmgmt.msc in the search bar and click on Ok.
- In the newly opened window, search Universal Serial Bus Controller.
- In the sub-section of the Universal Serial Bus Controller, you can find USB Composite Device.
- Now right-click on USB Composite Device and uninstall the device.
- Now reconnect the printer with your computer/laptop.
- Install the drivers on your computer/laptop again by following the terms and conditions.
- After the process is done, tap on Print the test page and see if everything is correct.
If everything is fine, you have resolved the error and now you can do your work freely on QuickBooks.
All two methods explained above are practical and proven, and you can use them to resolve the printer not activated error 20. However, if you still need expert advice, you can contact us 24/7 on 1.855.738.2784.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 15225