QuickBooks error 6000 is a series of errors that resists the user from opening the company file. This is not a single error, nor does it happen due to one reason. It is a series of errors that can erupt due to multiple reasons, and each error comes up with some digits besides 6000 code. QuickBooks Error 6000 is one of the most common types of errors; fortunately, resolving it is more common than the problem itself. So, if you are facing the same issue, stay tuned for the quickest and proven ways to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000.
Though all the steps explained in this blog are easy to use, but, if you still require any expert advice, you can contact us 24/7 by dialing 1.855.738.2784
What is QuickBooks Error 6000?
QuickBooks Error 6000 is a series of errors that don’t allow the user to open the company file. This series of errors generally carries some digits along with 6000 error code, and with the message which says the user cannot open the company file.
Note: Error 6000 only appear in the desktop version of QuickBooks
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 12152
What Causes QuickBooks Error 6000?
Apart from many other errors that users may find in QuickBooks, QuickBooks Error 6000 is rather different, as it can happen due to a variety of reasons, and is a series of errors. To know about the reasons and associated codes, you can visit this website;
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6000?
There are 2 proven steps that you can follow to get rid of QuickBooks Error 6000, which I am going to share with you now.
Solution 1: Update your QuickBooks version.
- Open your QuickBooks desktop, and press F2/CTRL+1,
- Check the current version of your QuickBooks desktop,
- If it is not the latest, update it, and restart your QuickBooks desktop.
Though, you can opt for auto-update and manual update as well on your QuickBooks desktop by following the process given in the link:
This solution can resolve your problem, but if the problem remains, follow the next solution.
Solution 2: Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub and run File Doctor
- Close your QuickBooks desktop,
- Download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub,
- Follow the instructions and install it on your computer,
- Now run the QuickBooks Tool Hub and click on the Company File Issues tab that you can find on the left-hand side of the window.
- There you will find 2 options;
- Quick Fix my File, and
- QuickBooks File Doctor.
- First click on the Quick Fix my File option. If your problem gets resolved, then enjoy it. If not, then click on the QuickBooks File Doctor,
- This step will take about a minute. As soon as the process gets completed, restart your QuickBooks desktop, and run it.
These mentioned steps can surely pull you out of QuickBooks error 6000. But, if the problem continues, or you feel unsatisfied with the actions you have taken, you can contact us by dialing 1.855.738.2784.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 6190