QuickBooks community is flooded with users complaining about H series errors. The most recurring among them is QuickBooks error H303, which is seen while switching QuickBooks to multi-user mode. On the occurrence of this error, the user gets a message, “This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.” The chances of getting this error increase when the multi-user network connection is not set up correctly. If you are also getting QuickBooks error message H303, follow the complete blog to know what gives rise to the error and how to fix it.
If you require immediate troubleshooting assistance to get rid of QuickBooks error H303, call us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 and discuss your issue with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team
Reasons why you get QuickBooks Desktop error H303?
The factors responsible for this multi-user error is as follows:
- Windows Firewall is restricting multi-user connection between QuickBooks and the server.
- The Host Multi-User Access settings are misconfigured.
- Presence of damaged and corrupted .nd and .tlg configuration files in the QuickBooks folder.
You may read also : Unable To Create Accountant’s Copy
Best Troubleshooting Methods to Resolve QuickBooks multi-user error H303
Method 1. Change multi-user settings on the main server and the workstation
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop application on the workstation where you see the error message h303.
- Don’t open your company file. Instead, go to the File menu and choose Utilities.
- Under Utilities, look for the Host Multi-User Access option. If you see this option, this workstation is not causing the problem.
- Move to the next workstation and open QuickBooks. Select the File menu, and choose Utilities.
- If the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option is visible, select it.
- Follow the same steps to stop multi-user access on all workstations.
- Later on, open QuickBooks on your server computer and select the File menu.
- Click Utilities and select the Host Multi-User Access option.
You may read also : QuickBooks Automatic Backup not working
Method 2. Reset Firewall settings on server to resolve QuickBooks error H303
- Tap the Windows key on your keyboard, write ‘Windows Firewall’ in the search box, and open Windows Firewall.
- Select Advanced Settings, right-click Inbound Rules, and select New Rule.
- Click Port, then Next, and select TCP. Head to the Specific local ports field and enter the specific ports for your QuickBooks year version.
- Choose Next, select Allow the Connection, and then Next.
- Check to ensure all profiles are marked and click Next.
- Create a new rule with the name ‘QB Ports (year),’ click Finish, and repeat the same procedure except choose outbound rules.
Other resolutions to fix this H series error:
- Get QuickBooks Tool Hub and run QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Use QB File Doctor Tool from the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Check the connection between QuickBooks and the main server by pinging from the workstation.
We are now concluding our advisory blog on QuickBooks error H303. We hope the solutions discussed above work for you in resolving the issue. If the error doesn’t fix and you need more assistance, call us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 and talk to certified QuickBooks professionals.
You may read also : QBDBMgrN Not Running On This Computer