The QuickBooks error 6190 is one of those data file glitches that arise in the QB app when a user is already operating the company file in single-user mode. As a result, it restricts other users on the same network from having access to the company file. In this informative blog, we will look at the reasons that result in such a problem. After acquiring details on the causes, we will move on to the debugging methods and perform them concisely to remove the glitch accurately.
Get answers to all your queries related to the QuickBooks company file error 6190 by having a conversation with the team of technical experts at 1.855.738.2784.
Reasons That Give Rise to the QuickBooks Desktop Error Message 6190
Read the following points and get to know the causes of the company file error 6190 in detail-
- You might not have installed the latest updates of your QuickBooks version; hence, the issue encounters.
- Another probability could be corrupted or damaged network data and transaction log files.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 6123
What Troubleshooting Processes Can Remove the Data File Error Code 6190 in QuickBooks?
Refer to the methods we have explained below in order to acquire info on the solutions for the issue-
SOLUTION 1: Run Your QuickBooks Application After Updating It
- First, ensure that you are not operating QB on the desktop.
- Next, go to the Windows ‘Start’ button and look for QuickBooks.
- Right-click on its icon and opt for the ‘Run as Administrator’ option.
- Further, move to the No Company Open window by pressing the ‘Ctrl’ key and double-clicking on the QuickBooks software.
- Move the cursor to the ‘Help’ menu to choose the ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ option.
- From the ‘Options’ tab, tap on the ‘Mark All’ option and then ‘Save’ it.
- Proceed towards the ‘Update Now’ tab and checkmark the ‘Reset Updates’ checkbox.
- Now that you require to download the updates, tap ‘Get updates’.
- Finally, close the entire window to save the changes.
- Relaunch it to complete the installation of updates.
- Reboot the system and then use your QuickBooks Desktop.
SOLUTION 2: Fix the Glitch By Modifying the Name of Transaction Log and Network Data Files
- From your Windows desktop, navigate to the folder in which your company file has been saved.
- As you open the folder, a list of folders appears.
- Look for two files having the ‘.tlg’ and ‘.nd’ extensions.
- In addition, both file names will be the same as your data file’s name.
- The moment you locate them, right-click and choose the ‘Rename’ option.
- Next, by adding ‘.old’ at the end, create its new name.
- Press the ‘Enter’ key to save it and then exit the folder.
- At last, start the QuickBooks Desktop and try to open the company file.
We believe that the concept of the QuickBooks error 6190 must be clear to you by now. Troubleshooting the issue using these solutions will surely help you. However, if a situation happens to take place where you cannot fix it due to other minor faults, immediately reach out to one of the pro advisors via our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2784.