Do you know, how you can extend the range of Linksys router with the help of Linksys RE6400 Extender? If your reply is ‘NO’ then don’t worry about this because in this article we will tell you all the details about the RE6400 extender. Let’s get rolling.
What is Linksys RE6400 Extender?
Linksys WiFi range extender is the solution of that problem in which area where you face slow speed internet. Linksys RE6400 extender lies between the router and where you want high coverage of WiFi signal. However, it works just like a wireless repeater. It grabs a WiFi signal from the host router and broadcasts it into that area where you face slow speed of the internet.
Benefits of Linksys RE6400 Extender
- It eliminates all the blind spot areas of office and house.
- You can purchase it on a very affordable budget.
- You can easily do the setup of Linksys extender with any existing router.
- It increases the range and strength of the WiFi signal.
- The configuration process of the Linksys WiFi extender is very easy.
Pre-Requirements- During Linksys RE6400 Setup
- First, the crucial thing is you must have one power adaptor or Linksys RE6400 extender.
- If you don’t have this thing, you can’t log in to the Linksys extender portal.
- In addition, you will also need one ethernet cable to link your extender to a computer.
- Moreover, there are many other types of options such as wireless networks.
Note: Before doing the Linksys RE6400 setup, first you have to login into the Linksys WiFi range extender.
Login Into Linksys WiFi Range Extender
- First, place the power plug of the Linksys extender in a power socket.
- By the use of an ethernet cable, link your computer to the ethernet port of the Linksys range extender.
- Now, open a web browser and type the IP address extender.linksys.com in the HTML box.
Note: If you don’t know the IP address then check the box or at a bottom of the device.
- Now, the login page of Linksys extender is shown on your screen and it will ask you to fill username and password.
- Leave the field blank of the username and type only admin in the password field.
- In last, hit on enter button or login button.
Do Linksys RE6400 Extender Setup- By One Method
One simple method by which you can easily perform Linksys extender setup.
Method 1: Setup Linksys Extender Via WPS
- First, in the wall socket place the power plug of the Linksys extender.
- Now, push the WPS button of an extender and hold it for 2 to 3 seconds.
- After this, just inside in 2 minutes, press the WPS of the main router.
- Now, hold up for a few minutes to see the solid blue LED light of an extender.
- In last, if the light of an extender blinks solid then it means your Linksys range extender successfully connects to the host router.
Note: After trying out this method you can easily do your Linksys RE6400 setup. If you are Linksys WiFi range extender does not work properly as it should.
Troubleshoot- Linksys Extender Not Working Issue
See Location of an Extender
After the setup, if your Linksys WiFi range extender is not working properly then does not do anything first, you have to check the placement of an extender. Verify that the Linksys extender must be in the range of the wireless router. If your both device’s extender and router do not lie in the same room then make it closer to both of each other by at least 10 to 15 feet.
See All Wired Connection
After trying out the above method, if your WiFi extender does not works properly then try to check all the cable. If you see any damaged cable then change it immediately with a new one.
Update Software of an Extender
If you are still facing an issue of the extender not working then this is the last method but don’t least, update the firmware of the Linksys range extender. Consider these few steps to do this method.
- Link range extender direct to a computer by the use of an ethernet cable.
Note: Verify that your Linksys extender does not attach to the host router when you are doing the upgradation process of an extender.
- Launch a web browser and type an IP address 192.168.1.1 in the address bar. This is the default IP address of an extender.
- After this, a login page will open on your screen, and fill in the required credentials such as username and password.
- Now, you will enter Linksys extender settings and go to the administration option, and tap on firmware upgrade.
We hope, after reading out this article you will be able to know about the setup and troubleshooting tip of the extender not working issue. If you are still facing any problems then contact your ISP and follow the instructions step by step. Stick around near this post for more updates.