QuickBooks is the most preferred accounting application and is used by various business organizations. It has multiple quality features and an amazing interface. Apart from these, there are also some technical glitches in it. Here, we will discuss about QuickBooks error 15225, which is usually seen while downloading the payroll update. On the occurrence of this error, an error message appears on the screen saying, “The QuickBooks update did not complete successfully.” Usually, the error appears when QuickBooks can’t verify the digital signatures of downloaded program files. Now, go through the other sections of the blog to know the causes behind QuickBooks Desktop error 15225 and troubleshooting solutions to fix it.
Got stuck with QuickBooks error 15225? Don’t worry. Call us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 and get assistance from the certified QuickBooks expert’s team
Reasons that can cause QuickBooks Desktop error 15225
Below are a handful of reasons that give rise to this update error in QuickBooks:
- The user’s internet connection is not stable.
- Some important QuickBooks components are damaged or corrupted.
- Internet Explorer settings on the computer are misconfigured.
- QuickBooks files have been infected by the virus or malware.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error H303
Solutions to Get Rid of QuickBooks payroll error 15225
Solution 1. Reset the Internet Explorer options
- Quit QuickBooks, open Internet Explorer and click the Gear icon.
- Select Internet Options, choose the Security tab, and click Trusted Sites.
- Click Site and add the websites given below:
- Add *.quickbooks.com and *.intuit.com if you use a US version of QuickBooks.
- Add *.quickbooks.ca and *.intuit.ca if you use a Canadian version of QuickBooks.
- Select Close, then Apply, and then OK.
Solution 2. Execute a clean install of the QuickBooks application
- Get the QuickBooks installer file of the version you use and note down your license number.
- From the account management portal, keep note of QuickBooks product year and version.
- Uninstall or Remove the QuickBooks application from your PC using the steps listed below:
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard, write Control Panel in the search field and open it.
- Select Program and Features or Uninstall a Program, then open the list of programs.
- Choose the QuickBooks version you want to uninstall and then click Uninstall/Change.
- Install the QuickBooks Desktop application again using the fresh installer file.
Solution 3. Download a fresh digital signature certificate
- Head to C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks, search for the QBW32.exe file, and right-click it.
- Choose Properties, click the Digital Signature tab, and select Intuit in the signature list.
- Click Details, go to the Digital Signature Details window and click Vire Certificate.
- Next, go to the Certificate window, click Install Certificate and select Next.
- Select Finish, restart your PC, and then open QuickBooks Desktop.
We have mentioned the most effective troubleshooting solutions in the blog above that will help you resolve QuickBooks error 15225. We hope you find them resourceful. If you are unable to resolve the issue using the steps given above, seek guidance from the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by dialing our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 .