CA Final is the last step in order to become a Chartered Accountant. The CA Final exams will be held two times in a year by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in India. To be eligible for the CA Final registration, students have to clear both groups of CA Inter and complete the practical training of 2.5 years.
The last date to register for the CA Final Nov 2022 exams is 30th June 2022. After the registration process, the candidates need to fill out the CA Final exam form. Students have to prepare for 8 subjects for the CA Final exams that are categorized into 2 groups.
ICAI releases the CA Final exam dates around 3-4 months before the exams. So, you make and revise your study plan for the CA Final exams accordingly.
Check out the complete details about the CA Final exams, registration process, exam form, subjects, pattern, dates, and preparation tips.
How to Register for CA Final Exams?
CA Final Registration is the first thing from where the students start their CA final journey. Candidates can do so by visiting the ICAI official portal. But first, the students must check their eligibility criteria which are mentioned below:
- The students must have cleared the ICAI CA Intermediate or IPCC Exam with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks. Moreover, you need at least 40 % on all the papers of the Intermediate Exam.
- The students must have completed their 2.5 years of articleship training which is mandatory. Else, no other direct entry route is available to register for CA Final Exams.
CA Final Exam Registration Process
The students preparing for the CA Final Exams can either appear in both groups or only in one group at a time. You can fill out the registration form as per your preference. Students can apply for the CA Final Registration by visiting the official ICAI portal and following the given steps:
- Enter the Registration I’d that you have received during the previous registration and open the SSP portal.
- The screen will show you two options and you need to tap on the Student Cycle.
- Afterwards, select the course level as CA Final.
- Now, a page will open with all the details filled automatically. After verifying the details, click on Next.
- Now, upload your major documents such as marksheet, nationality certificate, training certificate, etc.
- Save the documents that you have uploaded in the form and click on next after which you will be redirected to the payment gateway.
- Thereafter, pay the required fees.
- At last, save the form and download the fee receipt.
The CA Final Registration fee for the Indian Student is INR 22,000 and for the international student is USD 1100. After the CA Final registration process, you can order the ICAI study material from the same portal.
CA Final Subjects and Syllabus
CA Final Course is the vastest course in the entire CA courses. In the CA Final syllabus, the students will get the chance to explore practical subjects such as Financial Reporting, Advance Auditing, Financial Management, Taxations, Corporate Laws, Economic Laws, etc. All these topics are covered in the eight papers of the CA Final Exam, which are divided into two groups. Check out the CA Final Subjects mentioned in the below section.
Paper-1: Financial Reporting
Paper-2: Strategic Financial Management
Paper-3: Advanced Auditing and Professional Ethics
Paper-4: Corporate and Economic Laws
Paper-5: Strategic Cost Management and Performance Evaluation
Paper-6A: Risk Management
Paper-6B: Financial Services and Capital Markets
Paper-6C: International Taxation
Paper-6D: Economics Laws
Paper-6E: Global Financial Reposting Standards
Paper-6F: Multidisciplinary Case Study
Paper-7: Direct Tax Laws and International Taxation
Paper-8: Indirect Tax Laws
CA Final Exam Form Nov 2022
Students who have successfully registered for the CA Final exams have to submit the application form. ICAI opens the CA Final exam form window 2 months before the exams. For instance, the dates of the CA Final exam form for May 2022 are 21st Feb to 13th March 2022.
CA Final Exam Pattern and Passing Criteria
Knowing the CA Final exam pattern is very crucial for your Final exams preparation. CA Final Exam is the pen paper-based offline exam conducted by ICAI. All the papers in the exams are held for 3 hours and have both subjective and objective types of questions. All the papers are of 100 marks without any negative marking scheme.
Passing Criteria for CA Final
- The students who have appeared in either or both groups of the CA Final exams must have secured at least 40 per cent marks in individual papers. Also, they need to secure 50 per cent in a total of all the papers of that group.
CA Final Exam Dates Nov 2022
The ICAI releases the CA Final exam dates 3 to 4 months before the exams. The exams of CA Finals are generally conducted on alternate days. So, students have to complete their preparations and revisions before the exams only.
CA Final Preparation Tips
Many students still think that CA Final is a big deal and requires multiple attempts to crack it. But the reality is that only the lack of proper preparation strategy leads to failure in the CA Final exams. If you have followed the proper study plan and made a practical strategy, you can pass the exam on the first attempt. So, here are some of the best CA Final preparation tips that can help out the students to crack the exam:
- Make a proper study schedule for yourself that must include proper time for each subject.
- Prepare your own notes including the summary points and important points from all the chapters.
- Revise the CA Final syllabus at least three times before the exam to clear all the doubts and queries.
- Refer to proper study materials to study for CA Final Exam and focus on the ICAI material instead of collecting unnecessary books.
- Practice from mock test and previous years CA Final question paper once you have completed the entire syllabus.
Now you should make your own CA Final preparation strategy based on the tips mentioned above.
Hence, ICAI CA Final Exams is the last stage of becoming a CA. After this, the CA prefix will be added to your name and you’ll become a member of ICAI. But to that stage in your life, you must work hard enough to crack the CA Final exam papers on your first attempt. CA Exam is not too tough and won’t require multiple attempts if you have a good strategy for preparation. So, it would help if you kept in mind the preparations tips mentioned above for great CA Final Results. Along with that, keep in mind all the other major things such as registration, syllabus, and pattern of the exam for a clear understanding.