Credit and debit cards have 16-digit card numbers, expiration dates, magnetic strips, and EMV chips that are nearly identical. Except for one exception, both may make spending simple and convenient. Debit cards enable you to spend money by withdrawing funds from your bank account. Credit cards allow you to borrow money from the card company up to a predetermined limit. One of the most common misconceptions about credit cards is that they take a long time to be approved; however, banks now offer clients Instant Credit Card Approval. When selecting a credit card for international travel, look for one with the lowest foreign currency transaction fee. Avoiding cash payments is difficult, especially after the COVID-19 spree, but it is now possible by applying for an international credit card. However, before applying for any type of loan or credit card, you should check your online CIBIL Score for free.
There are several credit cards available that provide varied benefits to international travellers. Here are the top five such credit cards:
1. Regalia Credit Card from HDFC Bank
The HDFC Bank Regalia Credit Card is an excellent choice if you want a card that rewards you when you dine out, travel, or spend money on entertainment in other countries. HDFC charges INR 2500 per year for this card. Some of its benefits include:
- If you spend INR 5 lakh in a year, you will receive 10,000 reward points.
- If you spend INR 8 lakh per year, you will receive 5000 reward points.
- 12 complimentary lounge visits per year in India’s domestic and international terminals.
- Zomato Gold Membership for a Year
2. Miles & More World Credit Card from Axis Bank
Axis Bank Miles and More The World Credit Card offers unlimited miles on qualifying purchases, making it an excellent choice for frequent travellers. Cardholders must pay a membership fee of INR 3500 and an annual fee of INR 3500 to gain access to a variety of benefits, including:
- When you dine at a partner restaurant, you’ll save at least 15%.
- You can earn up to 55,000 miles in your first year of travel.
- Priority Pass Lounge admission
3. The ICICI Bank Coral InterMiles Credit Card
ICICI Bank offers a variety of foreign travel cards, with the InterMiles Coral Credit Card being the most basic, with an annual fee of INR 1250. After paying the registration fee within 45 days, you will receive 2,500 additional InterMiles. In addition to registering and renewing your card annually, you can earn InterMiles on every transaction.
The following are the additional benefits of this card:
- You can earn up to 7.5 InterMiles for every INR 100 spent on the card.
- The airport lounge is free of charge.
4. Credit Card CITI PREMIERMILES
Citibank offers a fantastic option for travellers by offering complimentary plane ticket packages from over 100 airlines. Regular travellers can earn air miles by using their credit cards to make purchases and then redeem the points for future travel for an annual fee of INR 3000. Citibank charges a 3.5 percent foreign currency fee for this card, and the monthly interest rate ranges from 3.10 percent to 3.75 percent. The monthly late payment penalty is INR 100. The points can also be redeemed for car rentals and hotel stays. Some of the features of this credit card are as follows:
- After making your first INR 1,000 purchase within the first 60 days of receiving your card, you will receive 10,000 bonus miles.
- When you renew your account, you will receive 3,000 bonus miles.
- You can track your reward points 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Get up to INR 1 crore in free air accident insurance.
- Gain access to airport lounges throughout the country.
5. SBI Yatra Credit Card
The Yatra SBI Credit Card provides some fantastic travel discounts. The card’s benefits do not stop at travel; it also offers reward points for shopping, among other things. The card has a one-time fee of INR 499 and an annual fee of INR 499.
Some of its benefits include:
- Receive two INR 500 coupons with each domestic flight.
- Receive two coupons worth INR 1000 each for foreign travel.
- When you use the card to book hotel stays, you will receive an INR 750 voucher.
- You’ll get 6x reward points when you use the card on Yatra.com, grocery stores, and department stores.
- Gain access to MasterCard’s premium airport lounges located throughout the country.
There are many credit card lenders on the market today that offer a quick and easy credit card application process, making you reconsider planning your next overseas trip without a credit card. Furthermore, it is recommended to create a free CIBIL Score login in order to keep a regular check on your credit score in order to avoid any unexpected rejections on your credit card application.